What should you do if you forget to take Cerazette?
To protect against pregnancy your tablets must be taken at around the same time each day. If you forget to take a pill, follow the steps below.
Less than 12 hours late
- Take the forgotten pill as soon as you remember;
- Take the next pill, and subsequent pills at the usual time.
More than 12 hours late
- Take the forgotten pill as soon as you remember
- Take the next pill and subsequent pills at the usual time, even if this means taking two pills on the same day.
- Use another form of contraception (e.g. condoms) for the next 7 days.
If tablets were missed in the first week and intercourse occurred in the week before the tablets were missed, the possibility of a pregnancy should be considered.
Please read the Patient Information Leaflet and speak to a healthcare professional for further advice.
Adverse events should be reported. Reporting forms and information can be found at www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard.
Adverse events should also be reported to Merck Sharp & Dohme Ltd on 01992 467272